Welcome to the University of Arizona!
We are consistently recognized as one of the world’s premier research universities, including our ranking by the Center for World University Rankings as one of the top 25 U.S. public colleges and universities, 48 overall in the U.S., and among the top 0.5% globally. This ranking emphasizes the quality of faculty and research performance alongside educational quality and student outcomes, so it is a marker of the tremendous faculty community you are joining.
As a top-ranked research university, the University of Arizona is recognized for the rich array of interdisciplinary programs that help to make it such an exciting place to teach, research, and collaborate with diverse local, national, and international communities and business partners whom we serve as part of our land-grant mission.
The University offers a rich array of resources and networks to assist new faculty members in achieving their goals. Please access this Quick Guide that introduces some essential resources for the beginning of your career here at the University of Arizona.
2023 New Faculty Orientation
New Faculty Orientation is scheduled for Monday, August 14, 2023, from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm as an in-person event. New faculty will speak with colleagues and leaders about initiatives and resources and learn more about what it means to work at a broadly-accessible, research university. Continental breakfast and lunch will be served. Appetizers and beverages will be served at the reception.
2023 Faculty Resource Fair
Faculty Resource Fair will take place as an online event on Tuesday, August 15. The morning of will be dedicated to Teaching and Learning and the afternoon to Research Development.
Please send an email request to Dr. Adrián Arroyo if you are a new faculty member and would like to be added to our new faculty list. See below communications from current and previous orientations and links to resources for new faculty.
Previous Faulty Orientation Communications
- August 3, 2020 - Welcome from the University of Arizona President
- August 3, 2020 - Welcome from the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost
- August 4, 2020 - Welcome from the Vice President for Research and Innovation
- August 5, 2020 - Welcome from the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs
- August 6, 2020 - Welcome from the Associate Director for Faculty Affairs
- August 6, 2020 - Faculty Development Communities for Promotion (FDCP) 2020-2021
- August 7, 2020 - New Faculty Orientation and Resource Fair
- August 7, 2020 - Welcome from the Assistant Vice Provost for Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) Initiatives
- August 7, 2020 - Welcome from the Assistant Vice Provost, Native American Initiatives
- August 7, 2019 - Welcome from the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs
- August 16, 2019 - Welcome from The Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost
- August 30, 2019 - Follow-Up and Upcoming Event Dates
- July 12, 2018 - Welcome from Acting Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost
- July 19, 2018 - Welcome to the University of Arizona from the Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs
- July 26, 2018 - Welcome from the Interim Vice President for Research Kimberly Ogden
- August 2, 2018 - Welcome from the Vice President for Academic Initiatives and Student Success
- August 7, 2018 - Welcome from the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs
- August 8, 2018 - Welcome from the Director for the HSI Fellows Program
- August 9, 2018 - Welcome to the University of Arizona from the Assistant Vice Provost for Instruction and Assessment
- Message from Andrew Comrie, Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost
- Message from Thomas Miller, Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs
- Message from Kimberly Andrews Espy, Senior Vice President for Research
- Message from Melissa Vito, Senior Vice President for Student Affairs, Enrollment Management and Strategic Initiatives
- Message from Jesús Treviño, Vice Provost for Inclusive Excellence and Senior Diveristy Officer
- Message from the Division of Human Resources
- Message from Gail Burd, Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs
Teaching Programs & Resources includes information on resources and policies.
The Office of Instruction and Assessment is UA’s teaching resource center.
The Office for Research and Discovery provides support for research.
Programs for Faculty with Families provides information on everything from childcare programs to tenure clock delays.
The Office of Diversity and Inclusive Excellence is dedicated to creating an inclusive culture that recognizes diversity as a resource for innovation. Click here to view faculty resources on diversity research programs, diversity training, support centers, mentoring resources and creating inclusive classrooms.
Programs for Fun is a gateway to music, theater, athletics and other community events.
New to the U provides information on an array of services, including HR benefits.
Start Smart offers tips on salary negotiation and strategies for promotion.
Tucson Relocation Guide provides information on housing, schools and neighborhood.