New Faculty Resources
Welcome to the University of Arizona! As a top-ranked research university, the University of Arizona is recognized for the rich array of interdisciplinary programs that help to make it such an exciting place to teach, do research, and collaborate with the diverse community and business partners whom we serve as part of our land-grant mission.
The University offers a rich array of resources and networks to assist new faculty members in achieving their goals, so please check back on this page for updated information regarding upcoming events and opportunities.
Access the UArizona New Faculty Quick Guide.
New Faculty Orientation
New Faculty Orientation in 2021 is scheduled for Tuesday, August 17, 2021, from 9:00am to 12:00pm as a virtual event. New faculty will speak with colleagues and leaders about initiatives and resources and learn more about what it means to work at a broadly-accessible, research university. A comprehensive agenda will be provided soon.
Watch the 2021 New Faculty Orientation.
Faculty Resource Fair in 2021 will take place over three days in the afternoon as an online event, Wednesday, August 18 to Friday, August 20. The Virtual Faculty Resource Fair will provide you with an introduction to the programs and people who are here to support you in your research, teaching and outreach work, as well as in your lives as members of our campus community. More details will be provided soon.
NEW FACULTY ORIENTATION
Tuesday, August 17, 9:00am – 12:00pm
New Faculty Orientation is designed to provide new faculty at UArizona an immersive and welcoming experience to expand their knowledge about key university features and resources to start their roles.
FACULTY RESOURCE FAIR – website
Wednesday, August 18, 2:00pm – 5:00pm
Introduction to research resources from the office of Research Innovation and Impact (RII).
Thursday, August 19, 1:00pm – 4:15pm
The Office of Instruction and Assessment (OIA) will facilitate a session to illustrate instructional tools, services, and resources to assist faculty with their teaching responsibilities.
Friday, August 20, 1:00pm – 4:00pm
The UArizona Human Resources and Life & Work Connections units will explain a comprehensive series of resources for a good new career start.
In light of the rising public health challenges from the Delta variant, we are hosting these events all virtual. Little loved ones, pets, and all kinds of backgrounds are welcome during the orientation. We also encourage faculty to turn their cameras on, if possible, to make this experience unique and more personable.
Please send an email request to Dr. Adrián Arroyo-Perez and Asya Roberts if you are a new faculty member and would like to be added to our new faculty list. See below communications from current and previous orientations and links to resources for new faculty.
- August 3, 2020 - Welcome from the University of Arizona President
- August 3, 2020 - Welcome from the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost
- August 4, 2020 - Welcome from the Vice President for Research and Innovation
- August 5, 2020 - Welcome from the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs
- August 6, 2020 - Welcome from the Associate Director for Faculty Affairs
- August 6, 2020 - Faculty Development Communities for Promotion (FDCP) 2020-2021
- August 7, 2020 - New Faculty Orientation and Resource Fair
- August 7, 2020 - Welcome from the Assistant Vice Provost for Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) Initiatives
- August 7, 2020 - Welcome from the Assistant Vice Provost, Native American Initiatives
- August 7, 2019 - Welcome from the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs
- August 16, 2019 - Welcome from The Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost
- August 30, 2019 - Follow-Up and Upcoming Event Dates
- July 12, 2018 - Welcome from Acting Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost
- July 19, 2018 - Welcome to the University of Arizona from the Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs
- July 26, 2018 - Welcome from the Interim Vice President for Research Kimberly Ogden
- August 2, 2018 - Welcome from the Vice President for Academic Initiatives and Student Success
- August 7, 2018 - Welcome from the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs
- August 8, 2018 - Welcome from the Director for the HSI Fellows Program
- August 9, 2018 - Welcome to the University of Arizona from the Assistant Vice Provost for Instruction and Assessment
Teaching Programs & Resources includes information on resources and policies.
The Office of Instruction and Assessment is UA’s teaching resource center.
The Office for Research and Discovery provides support for research.
Programs for Faculty with Families provides information on everything from childcare programs to tenure clock delays.
The Office of Diversity and Inclusive Excellence is dedicated to creating an inclusive culture that recognizes diversity as a resource for innovation. Click here to view faculty resources on diversity research programs, diversity training, support centers, mentoring resources and creating inclusive classrooms.
Programs for Fun is a gateway to music, theater, athletics and other community events.
New to the U provides information on an array of services, including HR benefits.
Start Smart offers tips on salary negotiation and strategies for promotion.
Tucson Relocation Guide provides information on housing, schools and neighborhood.