New Faculty Resources
Welcome to the University of Arizona! As a top-ranked research university, the University of Arizona is recognized for the rich array of interdisciplinary programs that help to make it such an exciting place to teach, do research, and collaborate with the diverse community and business partners whom we serve as part of our land-grant mission.
The University offers a rich array of resources and networks to assist new faculty members in achieving their goals, so please check back on this page for updated information regarding upcoming events and opportunities.
Access the UArizona New Faculty Quick Guide.
New Faculty Orientation 2022
New Faculty Orientation in 2022 is scheduled for Monday, August 15, 2022, from 8:30am to 5:00pm as an in-person event. New faculty will speak with colleagues and leaders about initiatives and resources and learn more about what it means to work at a broadly-accessible, research university. A comprehensive agenda will be provided soon.
Faculty Resource Fair in 2022 will take place over two days in the afternoon as an online event, Tuesday, August 16 and Wednesday, August 27. The Virtual Faculty Resource Fair will provide you with an introduction to the programs and people who are here to support you in your research, teaching and outreach work. More details will be provided soon.
The 2022 New Faculty Orientation and Faculty Resource Fair Agenda will be provided soon.
Please send an email request to Dr. Adrián Arroyo-Perez if you are a new faculty member and would like to be added to our new faculty list. See below communications from current and previous orientations and links to resources for new faculty.
Watch the 2021 New Faculty Orientation.
- August 3, 2020 - Welcome from the University of Arizona President
- August 3, 2020 - Welcome from the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost
- August 4, 2020 - Welcome from the Vice President for Research and Innovation
- August 5, 2020 - Welcome from the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs
- August 6, 2020 - Welcome from the Associate Director for Faculty Affairs
- August 6, 2020 - Faculty Development Communities for Promotion (FDCP) 2020-2021
- August 7, 2020 - New Faculty Orientation and Resource Fair
- August 7, 2020 - Welcome from the Assistant Vice Provost for Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) Initiatives
- August 7, 2020 - Welcome from the Assistant Vice Provost, Native American Initiatives
- August 7, 2019 - Welcome from the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs
- August 16, 2019 - Welcome from The Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost
- August 30, 2019 - Follow-Up and Upcoming Event Dates
- July 12, 2018 - Welcome from Acting Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost
- July 19, 2018 - Welcome to the University of Arizona from the Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs
- July 26, 2018 - Welcome from the Interim Vice President for Research Kimberly Ogden
- August 2, 2018 - Welcome from the Vice President for Academic Initiatives and Student Success
- August 7, 2018 - Welcome from the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs
- August 8, 2018 - Welcome from the Director for the HSI Fellows Program
- August 9, 2018 - Welcome to the University of Arizona from the Assistant Vice Provost for Instruction and Assessment
Teaching Programs & Resources includes information on resources and policies.
The Office of Instruction and Assessment is UA’s teaching resource center.
The Office for Research and Discovery provides support for research.
Programs for Faculty with Families provides information on everything from childcare programs to tenure clock delays.
The Office of Diversity and Inclusive Excellence is dedicated to creating an inclusive culture that recognizes diversity as a resource for innovation. Click here to view faculty resources on diversity research programs, diversity training, support centers, mentoring resources and creating inclusive classrooms.
Programs for Fun is a gateway to music, theater, athletics and other community events.
New to the U provides information on an array of services, including HR benefits.
Start Smart offers tips on salary negotiation and strategies for promotion.
Tucson Relocation Guide provides information on housing, schools and neighborhood.