Faculty Development Communities for Promotion (FDCP) Mentoring Program
Faculty Affairs offers the Faculty Development Communities for Promotion (FDCP) Mentoring Program. The objective of this program is to prioritize guiding values of excellence, honesty, trustworthiness, and compassion to help communities discuss and navigate their professional development while on the pathway to promotion/tenure.
The goal of this program is to create small faculty groups and link them with one faculty mentor who has participated on promotion review committees. These communities help early career faculty explore their individual objectives, hopes, and aspirations as well as to reflect on their common challenges, concerns and solutions about promotion and tenure. Topics covered over the span of the academic year include strategic planning for promotion, work/life balance, designing effective courses, institutional service for promotion, and how to present your research in your dossier.
This program is available for incoming and junior tenure-track and career-track faculty at the University of Arizona.
- Communities are created by the MENTOR Institute.
- Communities organize and facilitate their own schedules but are encouraged to meet on a weekly basis to discuss a strategic plan for the year and to support and help each other.
- Communities are encouraged to meet with their mentor on a monthly basis.
- Community members are encouraged to develop individual plans to achieve their professional objectives as University of Arizona faculty.
- Faculty Affairs offers holistic support to communities by offering mentoring resources throughout the program.
Registration for the 2023-24 academic year is now open. It will close at end of day on August 28, 2023. Participants should make every effort to attend the fall kickoff event on September 7th from 4-5pm in the Kachina Lounge, Student Union.
We ask that all FDCP participants take the MENTOR Institute Online Training before the kickoff event to learn best practices for this peer mentoring experience.
If you have questions on the application procedures, please email Tara Chandler at firstname.lastname@example.org