In harmony with Faculty Affairs’ mission and vision, and our belief that a humanistic approach to faculty activity will foster excellence, equity, and impact, we organize an annual faculty community connection series. This series created for UArizona faculty, supports faculty community building, staying connected and networking in an inclusive, culturally relevant, family friendly environment.
2023 Events for Early Career Faculty
- Faculty have the opportunity to build community, network, and know about the Campus Agricultural Center (CAC) and UArizona extension. Barbecue.
- March 31, 2023 at 4:00 pm - In person, outdoors, family friendly (bring your kids!)
- University of Arizona Campus Agricultural Center. 4101 N Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85719.
- Faculty Promotion Recognition | A celebration for recently promoted UArizona faculty
- We know many years of work have gone into this moment and we want to acknowledge it. Faculty have the opportunity to commemorate their promotion with a social event and with a bookplate in the Library’s catalog record, attached to a book chosen by each promoted faculty member to honor their journey. Reception.
- September 14, 2023. From 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm - In person.
- Stevie Eller Dance Theater Lobby.
- Fine Arts Reception – In collaboration with the College of Fine Arts
- Faculty will have the opportunity to build community, network, and know about opportunities to engage teaching and research with the arts. Reception.
- December 7, 2023, 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm. In person.
- UArizona Museum of Art | 1031 North Olive Road Tucson, AZ 85721.
- Wellbeing during and after the COVID-19 Pandemic: considerations for our departments and ourselves. Workshop with practical tools to practice wellbeing for faculty presented by Dr. Ann Marie Chiasson, MD MPH, Director, Fellowship in Integrative Medicine | Andrew Weil Center for Integrative Medicine | Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Arizona.
- August 12, 2021 at 3:00 pm - Webinar. Watch the video
- Panel Discussion: Adaptation and Best Practices for On-line Teaching. Panel created as a friendly space for faculty to share and learn from peers on best practices for online education and teaching.
- April 9, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
- Faculty Wellness in COVID19 Times. Created to provide practical resources and well-being practices for faculty to mitigate undesirable effects of COVID19 circumstances in the work space.
- April 16, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.