- University of Arizona faculty that are tenure-eligible faculty are hired as tenure-track faculty and must demonstrate a promise of excellent performance in teaching, service and research to receive tenure.
- University of Arizona professionals that are continuing eligible require excellent performance and the promise of continued excellence to receive continuing status.
Off-cycle Review of Promotion and Tenure or Continuing Status
- In exceptional circumstances it may be necessary for departments and colleges to review cases for promotion and tenure/continuing status and promotion outside the normal University review schedule.
- Career-track faculty members have lecturer, instructor or professor in their titles.
- See the promotion workshop schedule here.
- Probationary Faculty are faculty on the Tenure Eligible or Continuing Eligible tracks prior to receiving tenure or continuing status.
- Probationary appointments are for one year and shall not be renewed as a tenure-eligible or continuing-eligible appointment more than six successive times.
- To extend the probationary period, see clock delays.