In harmony with Faculty Affairs’ mission and vision, and our belief that a humanistic approach to faculty activity will foster excellence, equity, and impact, we organize an annual faculty community connection series. This series created for UArizona faculty, supports faculty community building, staying connected and networking in an inclusive, culturally relevant, family friendly environment.
Faculty Community Connection Series
- Wellbeing during and after the COVID-19 Pandemic: considerations for our departments and ourselves. Workshop with practical tools to practice wellbeing for faculty presented by Dr. Ann Marie Chiasson, MD MPH, Director, Fellowship in Integrative Medicine | Andrew Weil Center for Integrative Medicine | Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Arizona.
- August 12, 2021 at 3:00 pm - Webinar. Access the video here.
- Día de los Muertos - Day of the Dead: Beloved Forever. Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) is a Mexican pre-Hispanic tradition of celebrating ancestors and passed loved ones. This year, the event on campus will showcase the design of an artistic tapestry and muscial performances.
- October 20th, 2021 at 5:00 pm - In person | UA Central Mall (near the USS Arizona Mall Memorial).
- Día de los Muertos - Day of the Dead flyer
- Fine Arts Reception - TBD
- Annual HSI Reception - TBD
- Campus Cookout at the Farm - TBD - Campus Agricultural Center, Roger Rd/Campbell Ave
For more information, contact Dr. Adrian Arroyo email@example.com or call 520-621-2121.
- Panel Discussion: Adaptation and Best Practices for On-line Teaching. Panel created as a friendly space for faculty to share and learn from peers on best practices for online education and teaching.
- April 9, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
- Faculty Wellness in COVID19 Times. Created to provide practical resources and well-being practices for faculty to mitigate undesirable effects of COVID19 circumstances in the work space.
- April 16, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.