National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity
The National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD) is a nationally recognized, independent organization that provides online career development and mentoring resources for faculty, postdocs, and graduate students. Because the University of Arizona is an Institutional Member, all of our faculty, postdocs, and graduate students are granted free membership.
NCFDD provides a variety of virtual programs and resources including:
- Weekly Monday Motivator
- Monthly Core Curriculum Webinars
- Monthly Guest Expert Webinars
- Access to Multi-Week Courses
- A private Discussion Forum for peer-mentoring & problem-solving
- Accountability Buddy Matches
- Moderated Writing Challenges
- Access to the Member Library that includes past webinar materials, referrals, and readings
Potential benefits include:
- Greater success with publications and securing external funding for research
- Increased confidence as an independent researcher and scholar
- Healthier personal and professional relationships with departmental colleagues
- Increased interactions with external mentors, sponsors, and collaborators
- Increased job satisfaction and retention
We encourage you to claim your free membership by following these steps:
1. Visit www.FacultyDiversity.org/Join and select University of Arizona from the list of Institutional Members.
2. On the institution’s landing page, click “Activate Your Membership.”
3. Complete the registration process, and be sure to use your institutional email address (i.e., @email.arizona.edu).
4. You will receive an email prompting you to activate your account.
If you have any technical questions, please email NCFDD at Membership@FacultyDiversity.org. If you have questions about the membership, please email Dr. Andrea Romero, Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs at email@example.com.