The Provost's Author Support Fund
The University of Arizona Provost
The Provost’s Author Support Fund is available to faculty or academic professionals whose workload description includes the expectation of research and publication, and who hold appointments in units reporting directly or indirectly to the Provost.
An allocation of up to $1,500 is available on a competitive basis, with most being in the $500 to $1,000 range. Allocations exist to facilitate and further the publication of outstanding scholarly book-length manuscripts or other creative work by helping the author through the allocation of funds for subvention required by the publisher, or special production charges associated with permissions, figures and photographs, indexing, etc. Manuscripts or other creative works accepted for publication and accompanied by formal reviews (initiated and implemented by the publisher) will be considered.
The applications that are most likely to receive strongest endorsement include one or more of the following characteristics:
- a respected publishing press or venue,
- outstanding reviews of manuscript or other creative work,
- first books by professors and academic professionals at the assistant rank,
- and authored rather than edited manuscripts.
Page charges for journal articles or reviewed articles are ineligible for consideration.
Lower priority may be given to the following:
- an undistinguished publishing press or venue,
- re-publication of previously published articles or creative work,
- unrevised dissertations,
- edited manuscripts, translated books, and
- individuals who have previously been awarded support.
Manuscripts that will be excluded from consideration are: “for profit” textbooks, commercial fiction and popularized science. Support for previously published work will not be considered.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION PROCESS
Authors who wish to be considered must submit an online application in UA Competition Space: https://arizona.infoready4.com/#homePage with the required information and documentation below:
- Brief description of the nature and purpose of the book or creative work
- Itemization and explanation of exactly what your request is for, proof of expenditures, and a statement to indicate if you have received a royalty advance for this book or creative work.
- Reviews, if applicable
- Statement from the publisher confirming acceptance and presenting subvention or special charge
- Letter of support from the Department Head
- Current curriculum vitae
The deadline for submitting an online application is Monday, December 2, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. Please submit through UA Competition Space: https://arizona.infoready4.com/#homePage
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please contact Asya Roberts, firstname.lastname@example.org or 626-0202.